Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Your Radio Playlist

  1. #11
    Inactive Member GretschyGreaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    386
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    KoF ...That was a campaign that went so awful not even Amex could save Sizzling Happy Family.

    Trying to fuck Clear Channel, my small corporate penis isn't big enough to satisfy their massive george bush loving vagina's

    GG

  2. #12
    Inactive Member mmsickboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    401
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Midnight Oil are AWESOME and one of the best live bands I've ever seen. The only problem is the only song you'll EVER hear on the radio is Beds are Burning.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member recoveringpunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    316
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ShellyCrash:
    First off- not having access to good music is not an excuse to accept what the main stream feeds you. You have the internet- try internet radio- Launchcast is pretty cool if you've got the bandwidth. It's SOO easy to get music. Because of the internet I have found bands I never knew existed that I absolutly adore.

    Seriously though- scrap up a couple bucks and fix your tape player- when I was younger comp tapes where where it was at!

    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That sure is a funny way to spell SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!

    God! If I wanted a stupid little how to get music lesson I would ask someone who I thought knew a thing or two. My car is worth 20 bucks if the tank is full, why would I waste money to fix a tape player? Besides, I have more then enough music and resources for more... I enjoy a little radio here and there.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sharkrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2004
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are some good bands out there, it's just that we hear the same tune over and over again. A little variety pleazzzzzzzzzz.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member ShellyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2003
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    First off- not having access to good music is not an excuse to accept what the main stream feeds you. You have the internet- try internet radio- Launchcast is pretty cool if you've got the bandwidth. It's SOO easy to get music. Because of the internet I have found bands I never knew existed that I absolutly adore.

    Seriously though- scrap up a couple bucks and fix your tape player- when I was younger comp tapes where where it was at!

    I don't listen to the radio much- here they do "Sunday School" on the local, um I guess "alternative" station. They do something called "Punk Epiphany" where they play 2 or 3 songs back to back by a lesser known punk band. They usually play some pretty good ol 77 stuff. But they throw in alot of crap to- like REM and Midnight Oil, and they play Mondays by Boomtown Rats EVERY time, so I usually don't make it through a whole show when I remember to put it on- But anyone who's gonna play Crass on the airwaves gets points from me.

    Lastly- I must have missed the rant on the White Stripes? I like them. I'm not gonna go see them live or anything- but as a studio project- I think they're good. If it's a "manufactured band" arguement- they've done their time on K records- they didn't just pop out of a rec executive's back pocket.

    Other new bands- I like Interpol alot- I don't know if they're on the radio- but I went to a show of thiers and there were people there from MTV? I have nothing against big air bands- I love the Clash and they still are in heavy rotation. I have nothing against modern- or new acts either- I just don't really like what I hear. I would love nothing more then to find new bands to enjoy- going to shows has always been one of my favorite things to do.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ShellyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2003
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found the rant- sorry.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member ShellyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2003
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sinner- I agree that the oil are not intollerable- but as you stated, how many times can you hear "Beds are Burning"?

    Recovering- if I wanted to tell you to shut the fuck up- I would. I don't dance around issues. If you enjoy listenting to the radio- then just come out and say so. Unless you're hittin the keys from a public library to gain internet access, don't excuse it on lack of resources.

    I'm not tryin to start a fight with you- you said "I have to do this because x, y." I gave you some options and you recanted "I do it because I like it!" - well, then you should have said that in the first place. You like to listen to the radio- good for you, you keep KOF, and other members of the broadcast media field employed.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member mmsickboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    401
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love that song, however, they STILL Play it at least 2-3 times a day and it's been 15 years. It isn't even the best song on that album.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member recoveringpunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    316
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My point is, I am telling YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!

    There is always someone who can't go along with a post. You gotta step up like I am in some crisis complainging about my poor me sob story, and thank heavens you decided to dish out stupid advice on how to save me from my retchid bowel splitting pain.

    And as of a week ago, I was logging on via public library. That is why you see a big step up in my presence here.

    I was not making excuses. I was merely pointing out that because of only having radio in my car, I know how important a good playlist could be. I'm not looking for some fuck stick to give me the basic answer of "spend money". I have more cds then I have clothes, I am not limited or retarded. I just wanted to hear what people would pick as thier radio playlist.

    So stick to that stupid, or make a new post with your ideas and wisdom. Maybe we'll flock to you for your perfect answers and problem solving skills later.


    I have no idea why this has pissed me off so much???????? Maybe this is just the last ounce of stupid I can manage in a week. Congrads Shelly, you caused my retard tolerance cup to overflow.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member mepheesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2003
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've read lots of your posts recovering punker, and I would say that for the most part I find them interesting and that I usually agree with you...but this time I think you're really overreacting and just being a bit mean. Just my opinion....and whenever I have a junker the stereo is definitely the last place to get my attention...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •